Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pian Del Ciampolo and Michael Kane



Last year Pian Del Ciampolo was the great red wine discovery of the year for me. So beautiful and sincere, true to Sangiovese and true to Tuscany. Everything I could possibly say about it however is dwarfed by an e-mail I received from Michael Kane. I sold only a few bottles of this wine, choosing instead to drink most of them myself, but every time I did sell one I printed out Michael's e-mail. Like the wine, what makes Michael great to work with is his sincerity, believe it or not he wrote this without a sense of irony, this is the way the man speaks.


"As pure and authentic, neither manipulated nor molested, an expression of noble Sangiovese as one could ever hope to find! Supple, suave, silky, a precision-tooled definition to both aroma and flavor, and, as always, exhibiting supreme balance, Pian del Ciampolo is a tour de force in the 2005 vintage. How does the Manetti family capture such depth, such brilliance in this wine and at the same time display such deft restraint? Ah, the secret is born on the prevailing north wind that blows through the cool canyons on the backside of Radda!"

for more

www.madrose.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home